Digital 3D Artist ● Martinez, CA ● 425-443-8761 ● http://www.tschmidbauer.com ● email@example.com
Seasoned creative professional with dynamic skills and proven ability to create high quality, digital 3D art. Possessing the artistic expertise and technical ability required to work closely with Designers and Engineers to create visually stimulating content. Solid understanding of all digital art and processes. Extensive knowledge related to 3D computer graphics and ability to quickly understand a projects’ mission, vision and values.
• Senior 3D Artist – GM Cruise, San San Francisco, CA, March 2018 to Present. Autodesk Maya and Unreal Engine Generalist. Content creator for real-time simulations in relation to the GM Cruise Autonomous Vehicle
• 3D Animator – Playstation, San Mateo, CA, Nov 2017 to March 2018. Maya Specialist, Product Animation and Rendering
• 3D Generalist – XYZ , San Francisco, CA, April 2017 to Nov 2017. Real-time 3D Rendering and VR Projects
• Art Director – AEye Inc., Pleasanton, CA, Sept 2016 to Sept 2017, Art Director of a High-Tech start-up in Silicon Valley Corporate Branding, Product Renders and Visualizations.
• Senior 3D Artist – moBack Inc, Sunnyvale, CA December 2016 to March 2017, Senior 3D Artist on Virtual Reality projects for Enterprise clients, working in Unity 3D.
• Freelance Product Illustration, Walnut Creek, CA, 2014 to Present, Product Rendering and Real-time Visualizations.
• Adjunct Instructor – Academy of Art University, San Francisco, CA, Feb 2016 to Present, Instruction of Game Art Development with a focus on Lighting and Materials.
• Photo Retoucher – Color Rhythm, San Francisco, CA, Aug 2015 to Aug 2016, Photo Retouching and 3D Rendering.
• Adjunct Instructor – Ex’pressions College, Emeryville, CA, Oct 2015 to Nov 2015, Instruction of Advanced Game Development.
• Senior 3D Artist. – KIXEYE, San Francisco, CA. 2013 to 2014, Vehicle artist for combat tank game.
• Environment Generalist – Microsoft – 343 Industries, Kirkland, WA. 2011 to 2012, Modeling and texturing of in-game assets for “Halo4” using Maya and proprietary game engine. Optimization of game assets to improve frame rate performance and visual consistency. Created and placed decorators within the environment using proprietary tools.
• Lead Artist – Sony Computer Entertainment of America, Redmond, WA. 2001 to 2011, 3D modeling, texture mapping and lighting for real time vehicles and environments for multiple SOCOM titles and MAG. Promoted to Lead position in 2006 directing a team of vehicle and weapon artists that created the dynamic vehicle and weapons assets for multiple games in production at the studio. Developed the vehicle pipeline and was involved in proprietary and Havok physics model development.
• Environment Artist – Cyan Worlds, Spokane, WA. 2000 to 2001, Involved in gameplay development and environment modeling for multiple Myst titles. Duties included 3D modeling, texture mapping and lighting for fantastical environments.
• 3D Motion Graphics Artist – Midway Games, Chicago, IL. 1999 to 2000, Sports Cinema Team member creating intro and in-game cinemas for Midway sports titles including Blitz and Slugfest. Duties included 3D Modeling in Maya and 3D Studio Max utilizing motion capture data, key framing, camera movement, rendering and final compositing.
• Environment Artist – Valkyrie Studios, Palatine, IL. 1998 to 1999, Pre-render environment assets and cinemas for SepterraCore. Instrumental in developing Proprietary 2D game engine. Developed the art pipeline for the 2D game engine. Created a website for project funding.
• Environment Artist – Fasa Interactive, Chicago, IL. 1997 to 1998, Created prototype environments for Shadow Run in SoftImage and proprietary 3D game engine for release on the PC. Duties included 3D Modeling, Background Animation, Texture Mapping.
• Freelance Computer Graphics Artist. Chicago, IL. 1993 to 1997 Contracted with various Game and Web clients in the Chicago area for 3D modeling, Illustration and Photo Compositing.
• Environment Artist, Halo 4 (2012), Microsoft.
• 3D Artist, SOCOM 4 (2011), Sony Computer Entertainment of America.
• Lead Artist, MAG (2010), Sony Computer Entertainment of America.
• CG Artist, Myst Online: Uru Live (2007), Cyan, Inc. / Cyan Worlds, Inc.
• Vehicle Artist, SOCOM 3: U.S. Navy SEALs (2005), Sony Computer Entertainment of America.
• Artist, SOCOM II: U.S. Navy SEALs (2003), Sony Computer Entertainment of America.
• Artist, SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs (2002), Sony Computer Entertainment of America.
• CG Artist, Uru: Ages Beyond Myst (2003), Cyan, Inc. / Cyan Worlds, Inc.
• 3D Artist and Animator, Septerra Core: Legacy of the Creator (1999), Monolith Productions.
• Interface & Game Screen Illustrator, Indian in the Cupboard (1995), Viacom New Media.
• 2D Artist, Panic in the Park (1995), Warner Interactive Entertainment Ltd.
• 2D Artist, Blown Away (1994), Imagination Pilots.
Milwaukee Institute of Art and Design, Milwaukee, WI, Graduated 1986. Major Emphasis in Illustration and Minor Emphasis in Drawing
Current Software Toolset
Autodesk Maya, Adobe Photoshop, Vray, for Maya, Keyshot, HDR Light Studio, Unreal 4, Unity 5, Substance Painter, Substance Designer, Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office.